In the fall semester of each academic year, an open call for nominations is distributed to the UNC Charlotte campus community for membership in Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars. Below is information regarding the nomination criteria for membership in PBD Mu Chapter. Nominators must be a current Phi Beta Delta members, or faculty/university administrators at UNC Charlotte with knowledge of the nominee’s qualifications. Self-nomination is acceptable.
Nominations are for two categories: (1) UNC Charlotte faculty/staff/administrators or (2) UNC Charlotte Students.
UNC Charlotte Faculty/Administrators/Staff who have been involved in international endeavors in the areas of teaching, administration, research, and publication and/or provided services and programs to support international students and scholars.
UNC Charlotte Students who have demonstrated high academic achievement as well as demonstrated participation in internationally-relevant academic, extracurricular, and/or scholarship activities.
- Undergraduate students: Junior status as of August 2016 with a minimum cumulative of 3.2 undergraduate GPA.
- Graduate student: A minimum cumulative of 3.5 GPA.
- Participation in internationally-relevant academic, extracurricular, and/or scholarship activities:
- International students enrolled at UNC Charlotte should have engaged in sharing their culture with others (e.g., roommates/hall mates, classroom presentation/participation, etc.)
- U.S. Domestic students enrolled at UNC Charlotte should have a study abroad experience and/or enrolled in an internationally focused academic discipline, or have demonstrated significant involvement in international co-curricular activities at UNC Charlotte.
To nominate a new member or to self-nominate, use the online PBD Member Nomination Form.
The deadline for nominations for 2016-2017 membership is Wednesday, November 2, at 12 noon.
Membership Application Forms
You must be nominated for membership and be invited to complete an application prior to filling out the membership application.
PBD Student Membership Application
PBD Faculty/Administrator Membership Application
Membership Application Deadline
The deadline for new membership applications is Monday, November 7 by 12 noon.
Notification of Membership
Membership applications will be reviewed and notification of acceptance into the honor society for 2016-2017 will be sent by Wednesday, November 9.
Please the Annual Program Schedule for details, and remember to save the date for the induction ceremony.
For information on required dues for new and renewing members, please see the Membership Dues page.